Easter Chocolate CakeThis is especially for 5th class who should have made it last week in school!
- 175 g soft margarine or butter
- 175g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 30g cocoa
- 300g icing sugar
- 150g softened butter
- 30g cocoa
- Milk to mix
- Flake bar
- Small chocolate eggs
- Turn on the oven to 180°.
- Cream together the margarine/butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa into the mixture and fold in gently.
- Grease two sandwich tins and sprinkle with flour. Divide the mixture between them and bake for about 25 minutes until the cake is firm and coming away from the sides of the tin.
- Cool the cakes in the tins for 10 minutes, then take out of the tins and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix together the icing sugar, softened butter and cocoa. Add enough milk to make a spreading consistency. Use the icing to sandwich the cakes together and spread on top of the cake.
- Break up the flake bar and use to make a nest on top of the cake. Fill with the chocolate eggs.
- Eat and enjoy!
RECIPE FOR THE DAY
TUNA PASTA BAKE
This tasty recipe uses store cupboard ingredients.
Ingredients for 4 people
450g pasta shapes -quills or rigatoni are good but any will do
50 g butter/margarine
50g plain flour
2 tins tuna fish
150 g frozen sweetcorn-or use a can
150g frozen peas
100g cheese-cheddar is good
Salt and pepper
Optional- 1 small onion, 2 large or 6 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Boil the pasta for 2 minutes less than it says on the packet
- Put the butter/margarine, flour and milk in a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil whisking all the time until it has thickened.
- Stir in the tuna fish, peas and sweetcorn. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce. Transfer to an ovenproof dish
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle over the top
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
For and even tastier dish you could fry a finely chopped onion in the butter/margarine and then add the flour and milk to make the sauce. You could slice large tomatoes or halve cherry tomatoes and put them on top of the dish before you add the grated cheese.
The Board of Management wish to inform parents and guardians that the school will be closed on Friday, March 2nd to facilitate all staff training in the new 'Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post Primary Schools 2017' - Circular 0084/2017. Scoil Bhreac Chluain will also be closed on the following dates: March 19th, May 7th, June 1st, 4th and 5th.
Scoil Bhreac Chluain has a recycling facility for used batteries. Unfortunately we cannot facilitate recycling of used ink cartridges. Please do not send used ink cartridges into school.
Tricia Kennedy our school secretary works on the following days, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9.15am to 2.00pm.