Routines and General Information
- Assembly is at 9.15 am. It is important that the children develop the habit of being punctual for school. Children who are in the yard prior to official assembly time are not the responsibility of any member of staff. No pupil should arrive later than 9.20 am. Any child, who arrives continuously later than the official opening time, may be noted in class records by the class teacher and an explanation from the parents will be requested.
- There is a short break at 11.00am. Lunch break is from 1.00pm. until 1.30pm.. The children should have a small snack at 11.00am. and something more substantial at lunchtime. No child will be allowed home during lunchtime without a written letter, signed by both parents, giving their child permission to leave the school and that they accept all responsibility for the child once he/she leaves the school.
- If a child forgets any item, or one has to be delivered, please leave the item with the secretary and it will be delivered at break time.
- As part of our Healthy Eating Policy, fizzy drinks, sweets, chocolate or any "junk foods” are not allowed on the school premises.
- Scoil Bhreac Chluain has achieved Green Flag Status and consequently every effort should be made to make the school and it’s environs a litter free area. Children and staff are encouraged to reduce, re-use and recycle.
- Junior and Senior Infants are dismissed at 2.00pm. Infants are not allowed to go home unaccompanied. All other pupils are dismissed at 3.00pm.
- At 3.00pm. pupils are expected to leave the schools grounds in an orderly fashion and report home promptly. The school cannot accept responsibility for looking after any children after this time, this includes children attending after school activities.
- All children should enter the school through the main gates. No child is allowed to cross or walk along the front walls of the school
- In the event of a pupil being absent through illness or for any other reason, the class teacher should be informed by note on the pupil’s return to school. If it is anticipated that the absence will be of lengthy duration, the class teacher or Principal should be informed by note or telephone as soon as possible.
- When it is necessary for a pupil to leave school early, a note must be sent to the class teacher. Parents/guardians are asked to call personally to the classroom to collect the child. Any person collecting a child on behalf of the parent will only be permitted to take the child if the parent has contacted the school beforehand.
Please accept that it is only in the interest of the safety of your child that these procedures are in force.
- If sending money into the school, for any reason, would you please place it in an envelope and put the child’s name, class and the date on the cover. As the need arises, parents will receive notices with regard to school matters and events. Please ensure that the children keep a special plastic folder or pencil case in their school bags into which such notices can be placed.