RECIPE FOR THE DAY
TUNA PASTA BAKE
This tasty recipe uses store cupboard ingredients.
Ingredients for 4 people
450g pasta shapes -quills or rigatoni are good but any will do
50 g butter/margarine
50g plain flour
2 tins tuna fish
150 g frozen sweetcorn-or use a can
150g frozen peas
100g cheese-cheddar is good
Salt and pepper
Optional- 1 small onion, 2 large or 6 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Boil the pasta for 2 minutes less than it says on the packet
- Put the butter/margarine, flour and milk in a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil whisking all the time until it has thickened.
- Stir in the tuna fish, peas and sweetcorn. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the pasta and mix with the sauce. Transfer to an ovenproof dish
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle over the top
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Eat and enjoy!
For and even tastier dish you could fry a finely chopped onion in the butter/margarine and then add the flour and milk to make the sauce. You could slice large tomatoes or halve cherry tomatoes and put them on top of the dish before you add the grated cheese.